Friday, August 29, 2014

Here We Go.

In one week, I will be on a plane, headed halfway around the world to Australia, to know God better and to make Him known.

I feel like I could repeat that to myself about a hundred times, and it would still be pretty hard for me to believe. I mean, me, living in Australia?   Crazy.
Going to places that I've never been to, while at the same time not having a clue about any of the people I'd be spending the next 5 1/2 months with, all because I know God is calling me into all of this?    Pretty much insane.

But I guess that's the beautiful part, huh? If we're looking at the paths that God calls us to walk on from the outside-in, then it all looks crazy.  It looks reckless; maybe even stupid.  God never called us to "practical Christianity".  Jesus spoke out the Great Commission not as an option, but a command to be obeyed, whether that means going across the street to help a neighbor and live out God's love locally, or literally going to the ends of the earth to be examples, both in actions and in speech, of God's grace and love. It may seem crazy from the outside-in, but following Jesus is the greatest and most vital decision one could ever make.  And saying 'yes' to God, whatever He may be calling us into, is the greatest and most incredible adventure we could ever be part of.

So this crazy journey of mine is me saying 'yes'.  It's weird, and nerve-wracking, and exciting, and wonderful, and it's my faith being put into action.  I don't have a clue what's waiting for me there, or what will come of the next 6 months, but I'm ready, so here we go.


No comments:

Post a Comment