I understand feeling pain over the state of our world.
I understand feeling fear.
I understand feeling helpless, or angry, or heartbroken over terrorist attacks, suicide bombings, the plight faced by refugees, and so much else.
But if you claim to be Christian and you rejoice because someone involved in these things will "rot and be tormented in hell", then you don't know God's justice or reconciliation or love.
Jesus begged the Father to forgive those who tortured him, who flogged him and nailed him to a tree. Paul fought to tell every soul — even prison guards, persecutors — the gospel. They saw the battle and they knew how high and wide and deep the love of God extends, even in the midst of those we tend to deem "unreachable". The people involved in these attacks were made by the same hands that made us, and He died for the whole world. His heart is for them, too.
I believe that ought to be our response as Christ followers.

No comments:
Post a Comment